Monday, November 3, 2008

Ewe...Rotifer

Well, this would be day 18 (10/31/08) at 4:00 pm. My mycroaquarium is getting darker looking and you can definately tell it's inhabited. There are a few more organisms moving around in it and still some are visible such as the cyclops. I spotted 3 cyclopses and some are larger than others and some move faster than others! I still have unidentified objects in my microaquarium; however, I will keep you updated as I plan to find out on my next visit just exactly what they are! One is a rod shpaed, worm-like, red organism that moves foward and just seems to slide around like a worm! It also backs up alot! It's quite entertaining because it appears to not know where it wants to go!!

Now, my microaquarium as I mentioned seems to be getting dirtier or grungier! Kind of like the stadium after a football game! ;) But I noticed what appeared to be bactieria in colonies of cocci and bacilli.

On to the important, creepy-crawly part of this blog! I spotted what I think is a shelled rotifer...I will let you know for sure next blog, but I do believe it is a shelled rotifer. It is teardrop shaped, and out of the top side of the "tear drop" there are a few antenna-LIKE "things." It's quite ugly actually! I found it sort of disturbing like a cockroach! It was moving very fast and searching for food as if it weren't big enough...It left the other organisms alone and munched on the plants provided! It was definately a fast mover and pretty hungry! It was also kind of gross! lol ;)

Alrighty, until next time...chew on this and I'll be back!

No comments: